Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pizza Dinner Party

This was an experiment. Acorn squash and carmelized onion are a fun fall combo, why not put it on a pizza? I made this pizza last night for a small dinner party for my mom's friends. I used a combo of fresh mozzarella and goat cheese for gooey-ness and tanginess. The squash is sweet and the tangy goat cheese makes a nice pairing. I roasted the squash with salt, pumpkin pie spices and drizzle of olive oil and maple syrup until soft and browned. Then I whizzed it up in the processor. I par-baked the pizza dough so that the toppings wouldn't make the crust soggy. Once the crust was lightly browned I schmeared on some goat cheese, then schmeared on the squash, then added the carmelized onion and topped with shreds of fresh mozzarella. Top with a sprinkle with fresh time. Then I popped it back in the oven until the top was golden+bubbly. The girls liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment